At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite Hosts National Competition to Celebrate Its Best Windshield Technicians
After months of regional and divisional competitions, the top 12 out of thousands of technicians will gather in Columbus, Ohio, to compete for a $10,000 prize and a chance to represent Safelite AutoGlass® in the international Best of Belron® Competition, a bi-annual contest hosted by Safelite’s parent company, which includes champions from each of its 35 countries.
The competition is not about speed; rather it focuses on quality, technical expertise, and superior customer interaction. Eligibility requirements are rigid, and each technician who qualifies is measured against hundreds of criteria that are crucial to performing industry-leading vehicle glass repair and replacement. All Safelite® technicians must pass the SafeTech® certification, demonstrating they follow these company’s standards.
“Our people have a true commitment to their chosen careers and illustrate a passion for peak performance,” said Tom Feeney, president and CEO of Safelite AutoGlass®. “This is a unique opportunity for them to showcase their skills on a broader level, outside of the day-to-day job. Safelite’s Best of Belron® Competition also is a fun, motivational way to demonstrate what a quality windshield replacement means to customers and what quality employees mean to us as a business. We’re nothing without our dedicated people.”
The 12 technicians earning a spot in Safelite’s Best of Belron® Competition through a series of market and region events are:
1. Justin Bowie, Albuquerque (Southwest Region winner)
2. Steve Kerley, St. Louis (Midwest Region winner)
3. Jason Mayfield, Cheyenne, Wyo. (Rockies Region winner)
4. Scott McDermott, Baltimore (Mid-Atlantic Region winner)
5. Jacob Reed, Bloomsburg, Pa. (North Atlantic Region winner)
6. Gary Riebesehl, Palm Bay, Fla. (South Region winner)
7. John Rhine, Hanford, Calif. (California Region winner)
8. Michael Robertson, N. Charleston, S.C. (South Atlantic Region winner)
9. Casey Rose, Baton Rouge, La. (Mid-South Region winner)
10. Troy Skidmore, Boise, Idaho (Northwest Region winner)
11. Micah Van Dyke, Charlotte (Wildcard entrant)
12. Guss Wasson, Louisville, Ky. (Ohio Valley Region winner)
About Safelite AutoGlass®
Safelite AutoGlass®, founded in 1947, is the nation’s leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, providing mobile service to more than 95 percent of the U.S. population in all 50 states. The Columbus, Ohio-based company employs nearly 10,000 people across the United States and serves more than 4.1 million customers annually. For more information, visit www.safelite.com/, or follow us on www.facebook.com/safelite and twitter.com/safelite.
Media Contact: Melina Metzger, Safelite® Group, PR Manager, 614.210.9232, firstname.lastname@example.org