At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite Opens New Green Warehouse in Arizona
The warehouse, which opened in May 2012, is located at 6855 S. Lisa Frank Ave. Ste. A, Tucson, AZ, 85756. It replaces the former warehouse at 1085 W. Grant Rd., Tucson, AZ, 85705.
At, 34,000 square feet, it is twice the square footage holding three times more inventory than the previous facility, making it the largest inventory in the city. This additional inventory will allow Safelite AutoGlass® to provide more same-day or next-day service to local customers, including all of southern Ariz., reaching as far as the Mexico and New Mexico borders.
The warehouse employs 36 of the market’s 55 staff members, including Technician Manager Justin Parker, Services Manager Michelle Benitez, and Warehouse Manager Alex Rodriguez, with the intention of hiring approximately seven additional seasonal employees. In addition to the warehouse, Safelite AutoGlass® has three shops in Tucson in addition to providing mobile service.
“We’re thrilled about our new Tucson warehouse. We’re proud that it supports our company’s green philosophies and we also think our customers will like what they see,” said John Grimaldi, general manager. “We hope the southern Arizona community will think of Safelite AutoGlass® first for all of their vehicle glass repair and replacement needs.”
To qualify for LEED Gold level certification, E/FECT served as the LEED consultant. Together, Safelite® and the property owner, The Rockefeller Group, focused on water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, material and resources, and indoor environmental quality throughout the planning and conservation process. Examples include:
- Installed low flow water fixtures that reduces water consumption by 20 percent.
- Installed occupancy sensor switches in work areas and restrooms.
- Installed a lighting control system in the warehouse that incorporates both daylight controls and occupancy sensors.
- Purchased renewable energy (wind) credits for 100 percent of the anticipated power consumption of the facility. This will reduce up to 702,000 pounds (318 metric tons) of carbon dioxide emitted into the atmosphere.
- All kitchen appliances meet or exceed an Energy Star rating of 70 percent or better.
- Installed hand dryers in all restrooms to eliminate paper towel usage.
- In the construction of the project, 75 percent of the building material waste was diverted from landfills and was either recycled or reused.
- All the office furniture wood work surfaces are Forest Stewardship Council Certified wood.
- All of the office furniture is Greenguard Certified.
- Installed a 30 percent recycled porcelain tile floor covering in the office area.
- Utilized low VOC paints and adhesives throughout the construction.
- Completed an enhanced commissioning process which including the flushing out of all air handling systems prior to occupancy.
Safelite® customers in Tucson, Sierra Vista, Nogales and elsewhere can receive a quote or schedule service 24/7 at safelite.com or by calling 1-800-800-ASAP (2727). Both in-shop and mobile vehicle glass service appointments are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
For additional information, please contact our Media Relations department.
Media Contact: To connect with a Safelite spokesperson, email firstname.lastname@example.org.