At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite CEO Tom Feeney Named 2012 Smart Leader
COLUMBUS, Ohio – July 12, 2012 – Tom Feeney, president and CEO of the nation’s largest provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, Safelite AutoGlass®, has been named a 2012 Smart Leader by Smart Business Network in collaboration with the Columbus Chamber of Commerce. The annual award program is designed to honor local company leaders who are setting the pace for growth in the Columbus business community.
Feeney has dedicated 24 years to Safelite®. He was promoted to president and CEO in 2008 and set an ambitious goal of doubling business despite an economic downtown. In 2011, the company achieved that goal, reaching sales of $1.1 billion.
The automotive glass repair and replacement industry is a highly fragmented and competitive industry with very little differentiation. Feeney’s vision to make Safelite® the natural choice involves 1) a cultural transformation to better maximize talent, 2) creating an extra-ordinary customer experience and 3) launching a national branding and advertising campaign. As a result, Safelite® now serves nearly 5 million customers annually.
Under his direction, both he and the company have received many awards this year alone, including:
- 2008, 2009, 2011 Best Places to Work Award from Business First of Columbus
- 2010 American Business Award’s Best Contact Center – Executive Services Department
- 2011 American Business Award’s Best Contact Center Finalist
- 2011 Stevie – Best Use of Technology for Customer Service
- 2011 ICMI Global Call Center of the Year Awards Finalist
- 2011 1to1 Media Customer Service Champion
- 2011 Best in Biz: Customer Friendly Company, Silver Medalist
- 2011 International Service Excellence Award, Large Company of the Year and CEO of the Year
- 2012 Stevie Gold Award for Sales & Customer Service (e-Commerce)
- 2012 Stevie Silver Award for Sales & Customer Service (Customer Service Leader of the Year)
- 2012 American Business Award Bronze for Customer Service Team of the Year
- 2012 Ohio Cancer Research Associates Star Award for Philanthropy
- 2012 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in South Central Ohio and Kentucky
“This recognition honors the brightest and most innovative corporate leaders in the local business community while bringing to light the strategies they used to attain their level of success,” said Dustin S. Klein, publisher of Smart Business magazine.
Within central Ohio, Safelite® employs roughly 1,400 people and commits to giving back to the local community through donations of time and money. As a result, Safelite® has been recognized with the Medical Mutual 2011 and 2012 Pillar Award for Community Service. Personally, Feeney serves on the board of CAPA, the Columbus Partnership, Champions of the Community Inc. and Ronald McDonald House Charities. He has previously served on the boards of the American Red Cross of Greater Columbus and the parents boards of Otterbein University and Kenyon College.
“I am honored and humbled to receive this recognition from the Smart Business Network and the Columbus Chamber of Commerce,” Feeney said. “Everybody wants to be part of a winning team, and I am thrilled to lead Safelite® and our people through this exciting and energizing time where we continue to grow our business.”
To read more about Feeney’s leadership, visit www.sbnonline.com/2012/07/2012-columbus-smart-leaders-tom-feeney-president-ceo-safelite-autoglass/?full=1.
Melina Metzger, Safelite AutoGlass®, 614.210.9232, firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please contact our Media Relations department.