At Safelite AutoGlass, we keep the press and the public aware of our latest news by releasing regular press releases showing our latest developments in auto glass repair.
Whether it’s new heights in sales, brand-new Safelite AutoGlass locations or cutting-edge technologies developed by our skilled technicians, you'll be sure to read all about it through our press releases. Read on to see how we can help you, and how Safelite is making a difference in communities across the nation.
Safelite - latest press releases
Safelite AutoGlass Foundation Raises $1 Million through Fifth Annual Charity Golf Classic
The private event included a gala on Monday evening, connecting representatives from 30 central Ohio nonprofits with guests of the event, including:
- A Kid Again
- American Red Cross of Greater Columbus
- The Arthritis Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus
- The Buckeye Ranch
- Canine Companions
- CAPA-Columbus Symphony
- CASA of Franklin County
- Children’s Hunger Alliance
- Columbus Speech and Hearing Center
- Community Development for all People
- Community Shelter Board
- Directions for Youth & Family Services
- Flying Horse Farms
- Furniture Bank of Central Ohio
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Columbus
- Heinzerling Foundation
- The Godman Guild
- LifeCare Alliance
- Lutheran Social Services
- Mid-Ohio FoodBank
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio
- See Kids Dream
- St. Stephen’s Community House
- St. Vincent Family Center
- United Way of Central Ohio
- Unverferth House
“We are so privileged to celebrate five years of the Charity Golf Classic together with our suppliers and business partners,” said Tom Feeney, president and CEO of Safelite AutoGlass. “This year marks a new record in funds raised. Each year, we’ve received increased donations, which allows us to give back to our community on a grander scale in the form of Safelite AutoGlass Foundation Impact Grants.
Last year’s Golf Classic funded $400,000 in community-based Impact Grants. Some examples of how those grants were used include:
- Lutheran Social Services is able to reach more people by purchasing a new refrigerated truck to serve as a Mobile Food Pantry.
- Children’s Hunger Alliance was able to expand their “Healthy Kids, Healthy Schools” program. Last year’s Impact Grant increased breakfast participation at 10 schools reaching at least 500 additional children with healthy meals.
- The Boys and Girls Clubs of Columbus was able to refurnish the Milo-Grogan Club Teen Center to create a vibrant and inviting space for teen members, and also purchase new chrome books.
The event concluded with a golf tournament on Tuesday, where the top-performing teams were:
- First Place – Avaya/NACR
- Second Place – Gold Glass Group
- Third Place – AutoTemp, Inc.
The Anniversary Presenting sponsors of the Safelite AutoGlass Charity Classic included Asahi Glass Corporation, Pilkington NA/NSG Group and the Sika Corporation. Presenting sponsors included Fuyao Glass and Adrian Steel. Founding partners were:
- Auto Temp, Inc.
- Havas Media.
- Ron Foth Advertising
- Go 2 Partners
The Safelite AutoGlass Foundation would also like to thank contributors:
- American Midwest Fleet
- Autover/St. Gobain
- CAM Media
- Creative Extruded Products
- Desert Coastal Transport
- Duncan Systems
- Dupler Office
- Element Fleet Management
- Embree Group
- Gold Glass Group
- Go2 Partners
- Ruan Transportation
- Standard Register
- Sunroof Express
- VF Imagewear
- Wright Express
- Waste Management
About The Safelite AutoGlass Foundation
Safelite AutoGlass – the nation’s leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services – is committed to be a responsible member of the communities where we live and work. This includes those outside our doorstep and those across the world. As such the company supports employees’ charitable endeavors while also being a large fundraiser.
The Safelite AutoGlass Foundation was created in 2005 as the 501(c)(3) giving arm of the company aimed at supporting organizations that promote the health and well-being of families through monetary and in-kind contributions and volunteer hours. Since its inception, the Safelite AutoGlass Foundation has donated over $10 million to charitable organizations.
The Safelite AutoGlass Foundation is set up as a separate entity, governed by company employees. The Foundation administers giving on behalf of Safelite and its employees, disbursing aid to approved causes or charities, and organizing many giving initiatives in communities where our associates live and work.
For more information, visit www.safelite.com.
Media Contact: To connect with a Safelite spokesperson, email firstname.lastname@example.org.